Astor ward circa 1914. All of the House was put to use for the Hospital. One of a new suite of rooms on the south front created by Paris Singer in his remodelling of the house, the panelling imported from a much older French chateau. This room is often referred to as the Isadora Room, in the belief Isadora Duncan stayed here during her visit in 1910. The wards were named after benefactors to the Hospital. Astor had a prized possession - a gramphone.